Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Friday, February 28, 2014

The Ultimate Re-Purpose

I saw a show on DIY network last night called Home Wranglers.  They take old barns apart and use the old barn lumber and build a new house or whatever with the wood.  That is the ultimate in re-purpose.  I would love to have an old barn to salvage all I could out of it.  But since I am probably not ever going to be able to have this, I'll just stick to re-purposing furniture instead.

Thanks to Craigslist, I have acquired 3 new chairs this week.  I can't wait to get started on the new chairs.





These are the girls.  I showed them on a previous post.  But here they are in the garage.  I have been trying to find a fabric that is similar to what they have or had originally.


Today I got this old channel back club chair.  It is covered in velvet.  It's amazing how heavy this chair is because of the fabric.  Not sure how I want this chair to look.



I like these channels.   It is different from the other channel back chairs I have done.  I might have to do this chair in something rich looking like velvet.


I never get tired of looking at this cat.  But to see him asleep in one of my chairs...well that is nothing but sweet.


One of my favorite chairs and Mr Kitty sound asleep.


Meastro sound asleep on the ottoman.


Both kitties sleeping together on a chair on the way to be refinished.  So enough of sleeping kitties.









No comments:

Post a Comment