Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Friday, February 7, 2014

Sister Chair #2

The exact same chair as sister chair # 1 but different.  I wanted them (the chairs) to be sisters but as individual as the sisters are.  They both have curly red hair, but different.  They both have brown eyes, but different.  They are both beautiful from the inside out, but different.  Of course the outer beauty is not to be overlooked but I think we all are trying to stay away from the over attention to outward beauty.  But I can truly say that if the heart is beautiful the outside just reflects the heart.  Then you can say they are beautiful, which my daughters are.

The red headed daughters.



This is a more detailed description of how a channelback chair is done.  Those aluminum tubes are inserted in the tube of fabric and filled with that cotton filler.


It has to be so tight that you have trouble taking the tubing out.  This would be just another reason I keep my nails short and covered with gel nails to keep them all from being less than nubs!


After all the tubes are filled this is what it looks like.


Pull it all to the back ans staple it down.  in the beginning I ran button twine in between the tubes so I could have something to pull down and staple from top and bottom.


tucking everything in and stapling in place comes next and with each step it becomes more like a beautiful chair.


Then carefully cut the sides out of the blanket, trying to get the stripes to be the same on each side and straight.  I hate working with stripes.  I love the way they look if done right.





Then comes the star of the chair.  This head went on quite well.  I like.


Then comes the cording, which just finishes off a chair.  So just like the daughters the chairs are different but equally cool.


Finished.


The sister chairs together.  Notice the brother in the background.  


Sibling chairs...


Siblings...

I sure love those three.  How lucky am I to be their mother and to have had life with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment