Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Saturday, February 8, 2014

My Best Friend

My best friend comes home today from an extended time away due to business and caring for his elderly mother.  I am more than happy!


I think he might be happy too!  But his schedule is busy with traveling kind of a lot this spring.  But while I will miss him, it is good for business.  The "little" boys will just have to keep me company during that time.



Maestro


Mr Kitty


Some old lady with Mr B,  oh that's me.

The next chair I want to share is a chair that came from my mother's house.  After the passing of my dear sister, my other sister and I determined that it was time to liquidate both our sister's house and our mother's house.  Mother was unable or willing to go back to living alone since her daughter had passed away and she had been her main care giver.  We slowly moved bits and pieces of her belongings over to other sister's house.  What did she really need?  It is amazing to me that we all have housefulls of things that we never touch but save just because.  I know that sentimental things often are just that, sentimental, but I ask, "Why?"  It was a painful process and yet it had to be done.  It came at a painful time and at this same time my MIL was in and out of the hospital in another state, 1500 miles away, so my wonderful husband couldn't be here.  It was also a rainy summer for us in Oklahoma and that meant the 2 plus acres needed mowing often.  I had lots of John Deere time...  But we went through the houses rather quickly and took very little from the homes.  I guess I did take a bit more from my sisters because I had a child move out recently and had an empty room so I set up a guest room in honor of my sister.  It looks great.  There were these 2 chairs that my sister always wanted and it was just known that when my mother died that she would take these home.  We never expected that she would die first.  My other sister and I almost let these chairs go in the estate sale.  She took one and I actually had to go hunt the other one down.  So glad I did.  It is one of my favorite.


I had already taken the back cushion to class to cover when I took this picture.


This is my completed project.  This was a very easy project.  I love the chair though, it is a mission style which is one of my favorite styles.  The other chair is a rocker, but looks just like this.  Maybe someday I will have both.  Right now it sits in my mother's room at my sister's house.  It is part of her world from before...

There are many things I will miss from both of those houses.  As time goes on I will share pictures of the home places.  They were homes, not just houses.  Many memories made at each place.


Spring at Mema's rose trellis with cousins, and Mema.
This next picture was one I found in a file on my sister's computer.  I really wanted E and S to see this.  So by some fluke, E, if you happen to read this blog, this is for you.  I love it.  It captures Jetta and S!  


I sure miss her.  She was such a giving loving person.  She always knew the right thing to say.   They say time heals and I suppose it will but hasn't yet.  It still hurts like it was yesterday.
I love you, Jetta...



No comments:

Post a Comment