Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Friday, August 15, 2014

And So it Begins...Inspections!

The first of the inspections for this house are underway.  I can only hope and pray that things go fairly smoothly.  I know there are some repairs that are bound to come up, just hoping they are not the deal-breaker kind or bank-breaker ones.  This will all be taken in stride.  God has been good to us.  No complaints.  I am glad the lawn is freshly mowed.  That is always a good thing.


The husband leaves Maryland today to go back to Colorado.  He is SO tired of traveling.  We are thinking of canceling his trip back to OK the end of the month just so he has a stretch in one place for more than a couple of weeks.  His tooth extraction will just have to wait.  That means I will need to fill my time as best as I can for the next month and a half.  It is SO hard when the house is mostly empty.  There are not projects to start, except keeping the lawn mowed.  That is not an everyday thing.  Upholstery class starts soon.  I can get at least one thing done, with any luck maybe 2!

I bought fabric for the new love seat yesterday.  I am excited to see how it turns out.



Here it is in two different lights, indoor and out.


This is my inspiration piece, which is darker than I would want.


Here, again, is the piece in its before stage.  It is in such good shape, it is a shame to tear it apart, but I do not like the plaid. 
Pictures to come as the process begins...


This is the new dining set in Colorado.  I can't wait to see it with my own eyes.  I have only seen it in pictures.  The hutch looks beautiful.  The husband says it is VERY heavy.

Here is the table.  Nice size and it has a leaf to make it bigger!  Notice the chairs?  There are 6 regular ones and 2 captain chairs.


Back to OK, here is Mr Kitty with a cool place to take a nap, before the strangers came to the front door and scared him into hiding.  He is the ultimate in "scared y-catness".   But he can stand his ground with the big bad doberman when need be.  He is the alpha animal in this house and I suspect he will be wherever he is.  Funny little cat!


No comments:

Post a Comment