Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Sunday, August 10, 2014

The Last Hurrah!

Tonight will be the last hurrah at the OK home.  We have had MANY gatherings as this at this house.  We make food, we have people over, we have a bonfire, and just good times.  The main reason for this one is to celebrate the youngest daughter's birthday.  We are also throwing in there that we will not have another like this, so it is our house colding, opposite of house warming party.  I am not sure who will come and it might be very few, that's OK.  Few might be better than lots.  Who knows maybe just our children show up.  Just so my daughter knows that her parents love her is what I am after.


While mowing I came across some mushrooms growing in the field.







I mowed the whole thing.  By the time I was done it was threatening rain and cloudy.


Yesterday's tomato crop, yum.


The daughter gave me a going-away gift, a new gnome that she is going to paint.  I love it!  



He loves her, too!
Thank you, daughter for all you did to make this time happen and for working like crazy and just being a loving tender sweet daughter.  So proud to have you as my daughter.



Maestro checking out the gnome.

The daughter did a WONDERFUL job preparing for this last hurrah.  She went above and beyond.  She made it a special time.  


Best dog.


Checking out the line of tiki torches to light the way.


Long shadow time of day.


The shade of the hay bail.


The sitting bench


The beautiful before.



Emergency fire extinguisher 


The husband and me looking back at the house.


night fall looking out at the line of tiki torches


The bonfire


The daughter lighting the bonfire








A shot of the almost full moon and the bonfire and the tiki torches.  


Father and son,  LOVE!


Lifelong friends.


Son and future Mrs son.


The dog got to enjoy the evening on his leash.




Just observing the fire.


The last hurrah is over.  Time to move on to the next chapter.  I am ready.  It was nice to have this one last chance to relive the old times and it was a fun time for all and it is definitely time to move on.  I am not sure what the next chapter will look like but I am excited to see.  There will be more solitude time for me here before I go to Colorado, and same for the husband, but the time will go by quickly.  I am planning to have a lot of reflective time and figure out how I can best serve in the next chapter.  I know God is in this life changing move.  I have a real sense God has things for me to do that I will want to do, and maybe some I'm uncomfortable with but I am willing to learn and do.   So moving on... Now to get this house sold.

1 comment:

  1. I love all these pictures! You should bring your camera out to play more often!!!

    ReplyDelete