Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Sometimes Life Can Be Frustrating

The stuff finally arrived from Maryland.  It left a month ago, and just made it to Colorado!  The moving company, Colonial Van Lines is the most undependable I have yet to see.  They used all the excuses!  But, as we said all along, these items were part of the liquidation of the MIL's house.  If we never saw them again, it would be sad, but have never lived with these items.



I love this one, it is an aluminum suitcase that is in fairly good shape.  Inside I had packed the cast iron skillets and some other kitchen items of good use.


This is the tall chest which has a mirror, not put on yet.  Also there is the trunk at the end of the bed.


This is the other chest, which also has a mirror.


This is an old knitting table with cool side compartments, and I love that lantern.


This old clock...what can I say, I love clocks.


This will be my desk.  It opens and is a real cool desk.

This is it opened before the move.


A fun table that the front folds down.


The MIL's chair that I will upholster and somehow get it back to Maryland to her.  Not sure how that is going to work!

So, it is nice to have these things and a few others.  There is a great vacuum cleaner that I am excited about having.  There is a wonderful lamp that will be the youngest daughters.  I know I am forgetting some stuff, but since I am not there and have not seen this with my eyes, that's all I remember.

So, during the furniture move in yesterday, the new washer and dryer were supposed to be delivered.  No washer and dryer.  But when you look online at the progress, it says, delivered, Where?  Seems the guy tried to deliver it, who knows where, because he never rang the doorbell or called.  Now we must wait until Friday.  HMMMM!  I like Costco, and don't want to be mad at them, but this is unacceptable!  So, all in all, these are just frustrating things.  Nothing bad, just delays for whatever reason people can come up with.

On a good note, I am one of those who say, I have not been to the dentist and I'm too embarrassed to go so I won't...year after year.  Finally went yesterday.  I guess it was not bad, and I had no cavities.  But, I am not going to wait again.  I will be going on a regular basis!  That means after I move I will come back here, because I love my dentist office!  In this case saying, Good things come to those who wait, is not 
appropriate.  But in spite of my waiting it was OK.

I am out to shop at thrift stores for some old suitcases.  I will be displaying the reception food for the wedding in old suitcases.  Fun, fun.  Pictures and details coming...

1 comment:

  1. Great pics! Another important item was the queen-sized bed for the son and DIL, now set up in the basement! There is also that trove of tongue-and-groove cedar boards for lining the closets, once the husband gets off his lazy butt and sands & installs them!

    ReplyDelete