Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Monday, August 18, 2014

Sometimes You Have to Think Outside the Box, or in This Case the Car

Class begins tonight and I must get my loveseat to class.  The back is too tall for my car, so on top of the car it goes.  Thanks to the son's old college roommate who came by because the post office thinks he still lives at our house, the love seat is on top of my car.  Now off to class and taking it down might be a real comedy act.



Well, it made it with no trouble!  When I got there, I was about to try to take it off the roof when a classmate arrived and she and another classmate helped me get it off the car and into the classroom.  Then I started to take it apart.  I spent the first whole class digging out staples.  UGH!  But it is part of this hobby I have chosen.  It really is not bad.  I thought foolishly that I could finish it tonight, but even the experts take about 8 hours to take a piece apart.  I was only there 3 hours.  Here is my progress.


Before



I got the sides and the back undone.  What is left on the back will try my patience because I know there are a ton of staples up there.


The project set aside until next class.  
I may have to find another project because my instructor said this project would go fast.    I'll need to spend some time looking for another project.  I wonder what else I need in my new house?





No comments:

Post a Comment