Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Sunday, August 3, 2014

It's Happening...

I am missing the husband like crazy, but I am also missing my new home.  I am SO ready to be there with my "little boys"!  I only wish it were going to be sooner than later.  We made the new home so cozy and it is so beautiful and I catch myself thinking about how I am going to make this better or change that.  I will just have to be patient and make to most of my time here.  I do have a rehearsal dinner to plan and all the reception food for the son's wedding.  I can still spend quality time with my mother.  It seems that she is expecting to go any day now.  And should that happen it will be better to be here rather than 600 miles away.  But I can still wish for being there especially since the husband is there.


I had lunch at Mutts yesterday to get ideas for the rehearsal dinner.  The menu will be hotdogs, but I plan on offering hotdog combos like Mutts.


This is a slum dog with curried cabbage and apple with sriracha aioli.


Duck fat fries with truffle oil and parmensa cheese.

YUM YUM!  But there is a price to pay for eating fries.  I have loved them in the past and still do but they don't love my tummy.  I eat them rarely and probably better that it is very rare.  They will not be at the rehearsal.  No place to make fries.  But we will have fun and interesting hotdog options.


The husband's view from the back deck.


The view down the street of the Air Force Academy Chapel.  Views are limitless and the weather is just as wonderful.  Can't wait to be there to enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. Today was a real scorcher. 75 degrees. The A/C kept coming on! I may have to sleep in the basement tonight so I can be cool enough.

    ReplyDelete