Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Reflections





This time alone is full of reflection and that is never a bad thing.  It has been very good for me, even though at times extremely hard.  There are some things that I am going to do in the process of cleaning out and packing up memories.  There are the personal emotional attics that people often completely forget about until they die.  I am going to attempt to clean my attic out.  There is dust up there, some good things I will want to keep, some things that hopefully I am handing down, and some things to throw out.  But obviously these things are not physical, you can't hold them in your hand, turn them over.  They are much more difficult to look at.  There are some places up there that are quite painful to look at, I must look at those, not in a bad accident kind of way.  I must look at those difficult memories and take the lessons learned and the bittersweet moments and keep them for those are some of the best memories that make up the fabric of my life, even the painful ones.  I will probably let some people know how much they have impacted my life as I share these things with the ones I love.  Moving, it is not for the faint of heart.  Not all moves are as life changing as this one for me.  Perhaps it is because of the closure of this chapter.  This chapter was a long and full chapter.  Raising three children and living life for these years has been very full.  The next chapter will be full in a different way.  Who knows what it has in store for us.  I am very excited to get started.  I am sure there might be days when the last chapter will look like it was more fun, but fun is in the moment and those are fleeting.

In the process of reflecting, I always am led by music I hear.  I listen to Pandora more than I watch TV.  I can't seem to find things on TV that keep my attention like music does.  So, I heard a song that I had not heard for a long time the other day and couldn't get it out of my mind.  So, today I looked it up and played it over and over, Diane Schuur, Love Dance.  I went through so many phases of music during this last chapter, and most of it was jazz.  I must say I have very good taste in music and this tune is no exception.  I hope it gets in your head, too!  beautiful music needs to get stuck.  That is one thing that I taught the kids to love, music!  I especially wanted them to appreciate jazz and the way jazz works.  There is a process to jazz.  The best way I can describe it for my self is, there is an artist, and they sketch a drawing which is the melody, and the rest of the tune is filling in the background around the melody.  AWWW, music.  Got to love it!  So, as cheesy as this is, here goes.  I love my family and you all know who you are.  Families are made by design.  Here is a song that I love, as it describes my family...although it sounds like a love song, one can love a family also! By Design   Open another window and play this and stroll through the pictures.





























You all,  I love each one of you!

4 comments:

  1. Me too. But you, the most.
    you/me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that picture of Jetta and Sergio. And I especially love the pic of the girls inside Mema's house. I find pictures of Mema's house particularly resonant these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that smile on Tyler's face. Not enough pictures of Tyler.

    ReplyDelete