Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Saturday, August 2, 2014

More Pictures of the New House

So, here are some random pictures of the house.  It is a work in progress.  It will take some time to be "home".  The pets are not there and all the furniture is not there and mostly I am not there.  But there are wonderful things about the house.




This is the view with rain and clouds out the guest room window.  On a clear day you can see Pikes Peak.  Y'all come!


Three-car garage, not unpacked but great.  Only issue, the truck won't fit.  UGH!  Sorry, Tundra!



One of my favorite things about this house is this large blue spruce off the back deck.


Nice large storage room in the basement where I put overstock pantry items.


This will eventually be another bedroom in the basement, in the meantime it is a GREAT storage area.  When the rest of our stuff arrives, like Christmas, there is ample room.  Not that we need another bedroom, we don't but when the time comes to sell this house and move to a smaller one, the re-sale will be enhanced with the additional bedroom.


This is one side of my kitchen pantry.  The kitchen is not big, but I LOVE that it is part of the family room.  I don't mind not having a ton of storage in the kitchen.  The other storage is at the bottom of the stairs.


My sewing/office/exercise room.  The treadmill will go in that corner, YES I use the treadmill very faithfully!


The lovely front door.  We brought the planters and added the petunias to make the house more welcoming.  We will be adding a storm door.  I like one more door and it helps with escapee pets.


This little corner at the bottom of the stairs in the front entry will have a small desk with that night light.  The rug is just there working out the wrinkles.  It will probably become a wall hanging.  It is a real woven Indian rug.  I found it at a thrift store.  It goes real well in the house!


1 comment: