Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Back to Aloneness

The husband is off traveling again, then back to Colorado.  I will have solitude here in Oklahoma.  This has an end, and it can not come quick enough.

Last night was the wonderful wedding shower for the son and his fiance at her grandmother's house.  It was well attended and they got LOTS of wonderful things.  The best part was how loving they are to each other.  They have great respect for each other and that is a wonderful thing to see.    



The siblings.


With the future DIL


Gift opening time.






Love!

It was a lovely time.

My future project...

It is a wingback loveseat.  I love the legs, plain nothing fancy.  I am not sure if I will redo it now or leave it for now.  I would love to cover it in a corduroy but not sure where to find the fabric and the biggest problem is that it doesn't fit in my car and the truck is in Colorado and I have no way to move it to the classroom.  I have til the 18th to figure that out!    This is a sofa similar to my loveseat that I found at TJ Maxx.


I loved the corduroy and the two colors, not crazy about the seat cushions.  They seem to small for the seat and whimpy, but the whole idea is the fabric and color contrast.  More on this later as I decide what to do.


Our Oklahoma house is under contract.  There are many hoops to jump through before we can say YAY!  And I am trying to be patient and do the best I can to jump through those hoops without the husband here with me.  We have both had enough and it is time for us to be through with all this stuff.  Weary is the only way to describe how we are feeling.  I am looking forward to Oct this year.  But all in all God has blessed us beyond what we could have asked for and we are very grateful. Praise God from whom all blessings flow...!
                                     

1 comment: