Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Stay or Try To Go?

I had this hair-brained idea that maybe I would just pack up the little boys and jump in my car and head to Monument.  The dog is having a terrible time with his allergies right now.  I thought he was very sick yesterday, and never left his side.  He has been itching non-stop.  I have even been giving him Benadryl.  That seems to offer some relief.  But poor guy, he just can't seem to handle the stress.  He is not eating well and is SO sad.  I know here in Oklahoma, we are expecting a terrible allergy season.  The mountains would be so good for him and will when we go.  I think I must stay here and maybe give him baths several times a week.  I would love nothing more than to go ahead and go, but the plan is for me to be here and handle the inspections and see my mother and spend time with family, then leave after the wedding.  Oh waiting is hard!  It might be one of the hardest things to do.


In the meantime, I have sworn off looking at news online, and other sites like that.  There are many people out there that are busy enough in life that they do not have time to know the latest on things like everyone under the sun's thoughts on the suicide of Robin Williams.  I will allow myself to watch the local news once a day and after that, I can look at blogs and devotionals and my email on here.  Now that I have said it here, I need to stick with it.  It does me not a bit of good.  I have found some amazing devotionals lately and I am SOOOOOOOO excited to be back into reading God's word, and yes it is God's word.  It is fueling me to live the life God wants me to.  I feel like a have been away for a few years but it is so good to be back.


Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. (1 John 4:4)
"Though ever vigilant, the child of God need fear no false teacher or doctrine-he need fear no antichrist-for the power and grace and love and work of God have freed the believer from all fear. If God is for us, who then may stand against us? Truly, we have been crafted much more than conquerors in the strength of Christ Jesus! Believer, take hold of your identity! Give no sway to the doctrine of the flesh! Stand firm against the passions of men! Rejoice in your holy calling and irrevocable birthright!"  Copied from Blue Letter Bible.


The aspens will start changing soon, hopefully I will be there before it is done.


This guy will just have to wait for me to arrive.  Soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment