Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Brutal Class

This love seat had hidden secrets that presented a problem.  I got it almost completely stripped and found that the legs were one piece that was put on after it was partially finished.  So, I had to take off the leg section.  That would have helped in getting it to class.



So, now the base or leg section is off and I find that they have even put a piece of the seat on after upholstering part of it.  It had to come off and that was not easy.  I did not have the right tool and it was in there with 2 inch long staples that were not going to give up.  My shoulder is not happy!!  So, after I got that piece off I realized that the main support for the seat was not put together well and the staples were not even holding the wood together.  So Thank You, Les, for reinforcing that piece of seat with 3 in screws, after I pulled the old staples out.  These are not staples for the whimpy, they are serious staples.




Now I can get on with upholstery which I know how to do!


Here it is up on a table and I am getting ready to replace the part that is under the cushion and I will add that piece of wood at the front and cover it with fabric.


Here is where it goes.  Then it will be covered with the blue fabric.  I am sure OK with the progress, it is only the second class and that was a big thing that had to be done.

Tired tonight and missing the husband.  I just want to live in the same house with him.  Is that too much to ask.  For now I will be patient.  Soon we will be together.




No comments:

Post a Comment