Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Day 17: Jetta and Her Twin

Jetta and my younger daughter looked alike from early in both their lives.  I thought I would devote this day to Jetta and her twin niece.  There is nothing that makes her more special than all the others, just that they looked alike as toddlers.  There will be repeat pictures, so know I have not lost my mind in repeating some of these pictures.











In 2010, my daughter got married and Jetta did much to make the day as wonderful as it was.  It started way before the wedding with dress alterations.









Both sisters did the flowers for the wedding.  The wedding was so amazing.  The flowers were mostly wild flowers with a few florists flowers added in.




Admittedly the best flowers for a wedding so far that I have seen.  Thanks, sister and Jetta.




These were the flowers that were on the chairs that lined the aisle that the bride walked down, in our back field.


The bride on an old seat, contrast the beauty from the old worn out.  Jetta took this picture.  We all loved this wedding.  Happy to say these two are happily married.   

More days devoted to Jetta's nieces and nephews.



5 comments:

  1. Joy, as I am looking at these pictures I am thinking how wonderful it is that your kids have all of these great memories of Jetta. It's great that your family is so close and building these memories with the pictures is the way of always preserving them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are halfway through the month of May; what a treasure of photos and thoughts! It's a sweet time of remembering. We were blessed, weren't we? And in reality, we ARE blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for refreshing the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This s such a wonderful post! I loved looking through all the memories of my Auntie Twin. I always loved that I looked like her. Thank you for posting so many photos of the wedding dress alterations and bouquets, too. There's a lot I don't remember from that time. It was a time when I was very wrapped up in my own head, and I regret not savoring each moment and being more grateful for all my family did for me. But now all I can do is look back and be grateful and try to retrieve those memories. I'm so glad you caught them on camera! Love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what else I love? The pictures from inside Mema's house. Sometimes I pretend that the house is still exactly as it was and that all of Mema's things are in it and that if I went over there today it would look just like it does in these pictures. And that Jetta would be there. Even though I know none of those things are true, I enjoy pretending they are. Keep up the good work, Joy.

    ReplyDelete