Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Monday, May 26, 2014

Day 26: Jetta's cakes

Here are a few of the cakes Jetta made.  I tried to keep them in order of oldest to the youngest that I have.  There are more and hopefully I will get them to add here.

Nephew number 1 cakes:






These are niece number 1.











Niece nummber 2













Nephew number 2












Niece number 3










Even the sister got a special one.



The brother in law got some amazing cakes also.

More to come.








4 comments:

  1. I love that there are so many photos of these! Such warm memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to state that this was long before Pinterest or the internet or Ace of Cakes or Cake Boss or any of that. Jetta was so creative, all on her own. Well, she probably good lots of ideas from Good Housekeeping but still - so creative on her own. Love that you have a pic of the Bassoon cake. I'd completely forgotten about the little me with the flag. Somewhere I've got pics of the dog cake she made the year I got Basie and the newspaper cake I got when I was editor of The Echo. Fantastic collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the Echo cake. I did not get all that I wanted posted. Soooo many albums to go through to find cakes. Yes, she was creative. She took whatever the nieces or nephews were into at the time and made a cake. She was something else. I hope she knows how special she was on some level. I failed to tell her enough.

    ReplyDelete