Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Day 4: Jetta


I love this picture of Jetta.  She had beautiful eyes and bad eyesight.  She eventually had glaucoma, but had it under control.  There are not a ton of pictures of Jetta because she was behind the camera most of the time.  She loved to take pictures and her favorite subjects were her nieces and nephews.  I have been scouring my pictures to find a few of her.  By the end of May I will have more pictures.  I know I should follow some sort of pattern here but it is going to be random and as the spirit moves me.



This was probably in college.  Don't you love the BIG glasses?!


Blurry picture of Jetta with nephew number 1 and my daughter number 1 as an infant.


Jetta had a hobby that we all benefited from, birthday cake making.  She was very good at it and they were always personally crafted to whatever each child was into at that time.  She could do it all!  They even tasted great.  I will find more to show later but here is a couple.


So blurry.  


Jetta with nieces


My wedding day with my sisters


Another cake.  It is a baby grand piano.

She was a great sister and aunt and daughter...  I have had a sad year trying to figure out how to get along without her.  She loved and was loved greatly.

I love you, Jetta.

1 comment:

  1. Remember when she made me a dog shaped cake the year I got Basie? And then later a newspaper cake when I became editor of The Echo? She was the original Ace of Cakes!

    ReplyDelete