Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Thursday, May 1, 2014

May Day

I always loved the month of May.  I am sure the earliest reason was because it was my birthday month.  It was also Mother's Day, and I loved treating my mother special.  It was also my mother's birthday month.  Some of the other reasons:  the end of school, the beginning of summer, Memorial Day, graduations twice in my life, all things I looked forward to.  One of my most special memories was my birthday.  Unlike most people I shared my birthday with my Jetta.  Sure she teased me about how I ruined her 4th birthday by being born, but we all knew that we had something very special.  I took for granted that I would have her to share this month with for a long time but this time last year proved me wrong.  This time last year was sort of very trying and sad.  Jetta was past the time when she communicated very much.  She was in too much pain.  As I go through this month that usually was a very happy month for me I will reflect back on my life with my sweet sister.  Jetta, I miss you terribly!

1 comment:

  1. I have always loved this picture of the two of you. Wasn't this a birthday shot?

    ReplyDelete