Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Day 28: Jetta

It was this exact day last year that we lost Jetta.  I guess it would be more accurate to say Jetta passed on to a better world this Wednesday last year.  The day before she died I looked right into her eyes when she was not communicating at all and said," I love you , Jetta."  She smiled as much as she could and shook her head yes.  That was the last communication I had with her.  I hold on to that last communication as a tidbit of treasure.  She was in the process of shutting down her earthly body and did the best she could to let me know.  This was the sister I always had and thought I always would.  I have longed for time to go back and let her know more than I did how much I loved and appreciated her for who she was to me and the world.  But we can't go back...As I re-live the next few days, I know the sadness will overwhelm me, but the world has to know, the part that I care about, I loved my sister very much and when the anniversary of these days passes, I will still miss her and the wonderful part she filled in my life.  There will always be a hole there.  Enjoy these pictures of Jetta.  Forgive me if there are repeats.




A cake Jetta made for one of these two.


























So there you go.  No rhyme or reason, Just Jetta.  Again, Jetta I love you and miss you so much.  Somehow I hope she realizes that.  

5 comments:

  1. This is a hard day. I love you very much, I'm glad we'll get to be together today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the pictures, especially the top one of her in the hat. She looks so happy. I am thinking about all of you today and the next few. Hard to believe she has been gone for a year, isn't it? Love you, Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Joy! Beautiful tribute to a beautiful person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet. Love you, thinking of you today. Xo.

    ReplyDelete