Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Day 18: Jetta

There are some days when I just don't know what to say.  I miss my sister.  In a couple of days, the 20th, will be a day to remember.  That was the day of the big storm.  It is getting down to the last of her days and I can remember these days better than the beginning.  This time last year it was just hard for her.  she was trying real hard to keep going and always put on her best face and even tried to talk to the nurses and the PA at the Dr office.  It was so hard to watch.  But even this time last year her body was shutting down but Jetta was still trying to fight.  But she had nothing to fight with.  Her brain did not work so well and for a sister who was always a step ahead of everyone, that was hard to watch.  So here I am and I miss her so much.  I know eventually it will get easier and until then I will do my best to grieve healthily.


Here are a sampling of writings I found in her stuff and one from her to her niece number 3.


One to Jetta from our mother while she was in college.


A thank you from nephew number 2.


A hint at her Christmas present from niece number 1.


A note from our mother after a day with niece number 1.



A note to niece number 3.  I love seeing her handwriting.  I will miss that one small thing along with lots of others.

2 comments:

  1. The note about her Christmas present from Emily is SO cute! I'm so glad you have these to share. I know you, Judy, and Mema were hit the hardest by this, and I'm so proud of you for sharing this process with the rest of us. Jetta has been on my mind lately as I'm sure she has with all of us, and being able to read these wonderful posts and see all the photos has pulled my focus to remembering the good times. That is so important as we all grieve. I'm so proud of you for all you're doing right now, and all you've done in the past year. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Jo points out, we all have our grieving to do, but none like you, Judy, and Mema. The thing is, as you grieve healthily, you're helping each of us do the same. Thanks for the time & energy you're putting into this. I love you and am so proud of you too!

    ReplyDelete