Simpler Times

Simpler Times

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Day 29: Jetta, May 8, 1952-May 29, 2013

It was about 6:52 am this day last year that I got a text from my other sister that Jetta was gasping.  Then the text that she had her last breath.  I had been at her house late and was very weary and tired.  I bound out of bed threw on clothes and grabbed the husband and ran out of the house.  Drove crazy fast, but it was too late.  The other sister was in the room with her.  I went in and the tears flowed freely.  I kissed her forehead, but she was not there.  The rest of the week was a blur as was the rest of the summer.  But one thing is for sure, Jetta had no more suffering for that nasty cancer that invaded her body.  Her memories are very much alive.  It was so amazing to actually see how much Jetta's life touched so many others.  I don't think she had any idea.  Not that she was just a nice person, which she was, but that she truly loved big in her own way and touched many lives in profound ways.  I am not alone in missing my sister, there are many others that are not even family that miss her a lot.  















These nieces and nephews lives have been touched by your life, Jetta, and that is only the beginning.


In Loving Memory
The world may change from year to year,
our lives from day to day,
so many things with you had you been left to stay.
We think of you with love today,
but that is nothing new - we thought about you
yesterday and the day before,that too.
Your memories are our keepsakes
with which we never part.
God has you in His keeping,
we have you in our hearts.
Your Sadly Missed, Love ,Your family

Written by; LuCynda Jaynean Warren

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it's been a year. I still sometimes expect her to be at our family gatherings, like Mema's today. I suppose she may be there in spirit.

    ReplyDelete